Pregnant and still trying to watch your weight?

I dont mean dieting.. i gained 80 pounds with my 1st and 60 with my 2nd ... NO way do i want to gain that much with my 3rd!! Its soo easy to just eat whatever I want when I want.. Any way I can control my hunger but still get enough for the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/

My doctor recommended this while I was pregnant to prevent pregnancy induced hypertension. It's a great diet. It's really filling because of all the protien and it's super healthy for you and baby. Plus you can gain the right amount of weight while avoiding extra amounts of weight.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I have a dr imposed "diet" due to my gestational diabetes, so it makes it very easy not to gain too much weight. This is my 5th pregnancy and I've never gained more than 20 lbs with an of my pregnancies. Some people think pregnancy is just a free pass to eat whatever they want - I don't feel that way, because I don't want to lose all that extra weight!

Answer by missanc at 8:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I was on a new med and gained 50lbs over a period of 13 months. I'm now 5 wks pregnant and I'm SO scared of gaining anymore weight. I weigh now what I weighed when I gave birth to my other 2 children. I know I have to keep my weight in check this time, so I'm going with high protein, high fiber.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• OP - Thats exactly where im at now... The day i gave birth to my daughter i weighed 183, well today i weigh 185 and im not prego yet but am TTC... Im afraid that ill gain so much more weight and wont be able to loose it after baby!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I gained about 85 with my 1st and 55 with my second. I got it all back off both times. But I have endometreosis and it flared up right before I got preggo this time. Sadly it caused me to gain weight. I gained about 15lbs right before I got pregnant and I am not planning on gaining too much with this one. But with the morning sickness I have been having it will be a long while before i gain anything. I might actually be loosing.
    This is my third and I do not want to have to work all that off again afterwords. My SIl had twins and only gained 15lbs and the Dr. never said a word to her. i talked to my Dr. and he said watching how much i gained would be good because I tend to get high blood pressure toward the end.
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 6:20 PM on May. 7, 2010