At what age was your child able to draw a perfect circle?

I know this may sound dumb but I really want to know. At what age did you specifically ask them to draw a circle and they were able to draw one? This means that it wasnt a fluke lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Crap... I am 32 and graduated from art school and I can't draw a perfect circle. :p

I think by age 4 1/2 they should be able to draw something that resembles a circle. By 5 1/2 it should look more like a circle than a oval or any other shape.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• ...NOT a perfect circle in that sense...I will edit the question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Don't edit it... it was a joke...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I was thinking the same thing ... that I still can't draw a perfect circle, lol. But I know what you mean. My son is almost 4 and can draw a circle, it's not perfect by a long shot, but it's obviously a circle. Although I don't know that we've asked him to draw a circle, he just likes to draw people, and they have circle heads (and arms and legs that come out of their heads - no bodies).
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My 14 year old still can't. Neither can I.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 AM on Apr. 18, 2010