So do you ladies really believe ppl at fastfood places will spit in your food etc. if they're pissed off by customers?

And has anyone working in that industry done it? I watch movies that scare me now, and to be honest being pregnant hasn't given me the most patience for a Sonic Carhop who asked me FOUR times today if I was "sure the order wasn't mine". I replied "no" the first time..she said "So you didn't order the 6 burgers fries...etc" I said "No wrong car, thats not my order"..she then goes on down the receipt again! After the fourth time I said "Look, I'm pregnant, I realized I may look like I could eat 6 burgers, but I don't eat burgers. I ordered a slushee & chicken tenders. I told you the first time that's not my order, so go find whoevers order it is". Then I SURPRISE I get home and check over my bank account a noticed the charger my card TWICE for my order! And I'm feeling sick now, but Perhaps I'm getting paranoid & b*tchy due to deliver in 3 wks. But was wondering if this really happens & how? I thought even fastfood have cameras?

Jeda624

Asked by Jeda624 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh YES it happens!!! I know people that have done it for sure!! These people work their butts off for low pay and putting up with crap! Honestly, treat everyone in the food industry how you would like to be treated and you won't have a problem!! Be a bitch and you get the nasties!! I know people that used to put your steak thru the dishwasher, then crisp it up and serve it!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I worked at a pizza shop for about a year and I saw some of my coworkers do it. There was even once where I was going to do it to this one customer who insulted/cussed at me (called me a fat pregnant bitch) and yelled at me--because I couldnt understand her order over the phone due to her strong accent and backround noise and had to ask her about 3 times to repeat what she wanted to order and when she came in it wasnt the right order. I was going to just spit on her pizza but when it came out of the oven my conscience kicked in and I just told my manager that I couldnt deal with her and that I was taking a break. I always say, dont piss off the people that mess with your food. But, ya know, everyone is human and everyone makes mistakes.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I worked at McDonalds and I never saw anyone do anything like that. I'm sure it probably happens but I've never personally seen it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I managed a fast food place. YES SOME people would do that. A majority would not. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I work in fast food. The most I have EVER seen or heard of anyone doing at our Taco Bell (where I work and the only place in town that only has like one camera) is putting a jalepeno pepper on a friends burrito as a prank to surprise them. At the local McDonald's, however, a manager was fired for them hearing that he had masterbated onto food and finding traces of his DNA all over several surfaces when they did tests. It was gross and not much was done besides him getting fired and not allowed to work at McDonald's again. Anyway, it's very, VERY unlikely that anyone will do anything like that. Most places have cameras and the people need their jobs WAY too much to do anything stupid because they have a rude or unhappy customer that makes their day that much better. After work, we usually take out our frustrations by talking about how ridiculous certain customers were. That's it. A few people have been refused further service.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• And as far as the credit card thing goes, I've seen that happen at our Taco Bell, too. It's not the people it's the machine. A bug in the system or something. Or, the card wasn't accepted the first time, it was ran again, and then somehow both transactions went through. It happens, but it's not intentional. It doesn't benefit anyone there to double or generally over charge someone. And the money should be refunded if you talk to the bank and the general manager at the establishment.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• OP here. I've always tried to be nice, and be the patient one in lines at Walmart smiling at the checkout lady, or nice to the rushed/flustered waitress, nice to the fastfood employees. But eveyrthings been getting to me this last month of pregnancy, my dog hits me with his tail and I burst into tears. I just didn't understand why she didn't get it the first time when I said "No, that's not my order"...it's like she had to verify with me four times, till I gave her attitude and told her to go elsewhere and only then would she stop. Now, I got charged twice for that order plus am vomiting, don't know if I should blame that on them though, 'cause I hear some symptoms..(vomiting, neasea, fatigue (sp?) sense of smell etc) can come back a few weeks prior to delivery...But I will admit I've become a bitch and just need to have this baby. it's my first one :) Sorry I'm venting, I'm just ready for it to be done with :)
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Thank you Mrs. Bat :)
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Yes I have worked in fast food and my husband has managed at fast food restaurants. You wouldn't believe the sick stuff that happens behind the scenes.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My brother got fired from a restaurant for evening kidding about spitting in someone's food that came in about twenty minutes before close. I've heard of people being sued or arrested for doing this is food places. This is one major reason I don't eat out too much.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2010