How am I supposed to believe in the bible when it is written by man?

Man's interpretation of what God is saying and not exactly what God is saying. How can I believe it when that's all it is? Sorry but I just don't believe everything the bible says. I don't think it's a good tool guide for life. I think following your heart in what you believe God wants is the best tool.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• simple...just don't...the bible is just a book....believe in faith, not some object that is continuously misinterpreted
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I believe the Bible to be true because I believe that those who translated and compiled it were guided by the holy spirit so it is what God would say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• They same way that if I dictated to a secratary people would believe that it was really my thoughts. God led the writters of the Bible to write what He wanted.... He is GOD after all He CAN do that.
    MrsKline

Answer by MrsKline at 4:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Yea its up to you to believe it or not if u dont think thats between you and God .. Its faith.. Faith is believing
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• my favourite argument in the world, a book written by men which ( who'd have thunk it ?) tells women they have to obey their husbands!!! Hahaha I was raised in a churched family, have a Dad who is a pastor. I believe in God, a higher being than myself , I believe the bible, just like every other religious book supports the notion of God, the whole thing is a parable to me, just like dreamtime for aborigines, the koran, the tora etc.People, groups & entire nations feel one particular book is closer in their line of thought so that is where they cling to. If you were born into a buddhist family, you would most likely hold tight to those teachings, in a Christian home, the bible ... I don't really think any of them are supposed to be taken literally, but as a guide for being human, for being kind, just & fair. People who read the Koran also believe it was written by people guided by their God.. Who is right? Or Wrong?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• same way you believe in science. You read the books written by man, but how many of those experience do you really perform?
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Scientists can provide proof. They can back their shit up. I've yet to see the bible being backed up, only contradicted. For example: In Exodus with Moses and the plagues and the parting of the Red Sea, etc. That had nothing to do with the "Power of God", it was a damn mountain eruption that effected the entire coast of Egypt and even the parting of the Red Sea? Don't believe me? If you look up all the events that happened with the Mt. St. Helens eruption you will find they're the same things that happened then. Coincidence? No. That's what happens when a mountain erupts. That's science, not a belief.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You believe the bible because you believe in HIS words... not because it was inspired by man but that it is HIS WORDS OF LIFE!

In the beginning was the WORD ( God is the WORD) These words come from the HEART of God THROUGH man!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Another thing.. The bible is a love letter from God... if people took the time to understand this they would want to read the bible every day.... its like reading a love letter from your lover who is telling you all the things that are happening in his world.
    God is love... what love looks like to the world is not what love is to God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• There are alot of books out there. Good books, fiction, non fiction. That doesnt mean the bible needs to be discredited. I do beilieve it to be special and His word.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2010