Do other Christians disagree with so called Christian Fundamentalist Bible Believers?

I am Christian. However I have a real problem with Christian Fundamentalists because I really think their actions wrap the true message of Jesus. For the most part this is a group of people who live in one area of the world and only talk to others who believe and think exactly like they do. I don't feel they represent Christianity at all. I really just see them as relgious extremists that miss the real message of of Jesus. They really just spread hate instead of showing how great Gods love can be. They don't hold the truth, I believe their movement is full of lies. I am Chrisitan but I won't let this group define me or my beliefs, but they scare me so I post as anon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why do they scare you? "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control." 2 Timothy 1: 7
    And to answer your question there are Christians everywhere of every denomination that don't agree with each other. Just focus on the love of Christ and what He has shown you to be truth.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:04 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I agree with everything you said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Just focus on the love of Christ and what He has shown you to be truth

This is the real problem I have this this group. They don't show the love of Christ they show the hatred of the people who crucified him, yet they claim to be Christians.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Anon I agree that some Christians are like this. And the Bible talks about Christians like this so it shouldn't be a surprise to any of us. Its sad though that so many people focus on the people who aren't Christ like to define what Christianity is. But...once again the Bible said it would be like this.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Thank you MamaChamp for that. It is comforting to know it happens as it's meant to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I think some Christians favor some passages that aren't quite as important as passages they should be reading...

Some believe being rude and making fun of homosexuals is far more appealing than Matthews 22:36-40. Others do this to people that aren't Christians.

It's not healthy. Their actions lead to terrible things. Look to history for what such people have done. Look at the witch trials, or Hitler, or the KKK, or WBC. Such things never lead to any good.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I agree as well, although I'm not afraid. Let them say or think what they want, it doesn't change who I am, the love in my heart, or my relationship with God. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Love them... Jesus does. Simple as that. He did say love your neighbor as yourself.
    As I read your post it comes across very negative and not how Christ would act. This is the kind of thing the repels unbelievers.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I don't know.... I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "not MY Christianity", or somehow setting oneself apart from those one finds oneself at odds with.... I mean, it wasn't said in some sort of derogatory way, its merely addressing a concern and presenting why this particular person doesn't agree with the way others choose to represent the religion, and the God, we Christians all claim to ascribe to. I think such a statement, since done respectfully, is legitimate and quiet Christ-like. He never said He agreed with everything, He just showed His disagreement in a respectful way, which I believe is done here. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Love them... Jesus does. Simple as that. He did say love your neighbor as yourself. As I read your post it comes across very negative and not how Christ would act. This is the kind of thing the repels unbelievers.

I understand what you are saying, but there is no other way to get say what I wanted to say without expressing my disagreement with a group that is identified as something I also believe in. Yes I love them, but really don't like what they stand for or how they represent Christianity. I don't like it mainly because I feel they repel most people.

Anonymous