When did you consider yourself Wiccan or Pagan?

How long did you really study the craft before you considered yourself Wiccan or Pagan?

NatesMommy118

Asked by NatesMommy118 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Really studied for 1 year but was drawn to it for as long as I remember. Once I had my dedication I called it official.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I decided why put up airs and call myself atheist or agnostic and pagan fits the bill for me, if people ask I don't get into it but I do consider myself openly pagan.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 9:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Yeah I'm the same way, I've been drawn to it for as long as I can remember....but still have had the time and dedication to study ...maybe the end of the year, when things calm down for me, I can really put myself into focusing on it. Thanks for answering. =)
    NatesMommy118

Answer by NatesMommy118 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• What are the main differences between Wicca and Pagan, can you be both?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Ryans Mom - Wiccans ARE Pagan - so they are both. But Pagan's are NOT all Wiccan - so they aren't all both. It's just like not all Christians are Catholic...

Hope that makes sense...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• When I was 6 I announced that I was a Witch. Although it was quite the fight I started to read everything I could about Paganism and witchcraft all through my childhood. But seeing as how my mother was a strict JW, that was few and far between. However, from the time I started middle school and the internet was at my disposal and I was more easily able to access the information in secret. I started to practice Wicca (loosely) as a teen (15-16) and as an adult was able to begin to more thoroughly study and practice. Although thanks to my mothers pension for study in ancient religion so that she could prove them wrong, I already have a rather broad education in many of those...

Point is, it's hard to really pin point when I would be considered officially Pagan. But I believe I have always been Pagan at heart, but only by practice for around 10 years...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• about 2 1/2...3 yrs.

I called myself a Seeker during that time.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I have thought of my self as a non-Christian for as long as I can remember. However I didn't label myself as a pagan till high school. But it hasn't been till this last year that I decided to actually study the different paths and start finding my own. When ppl ask where my beliefs lie I have always said that they lay in the earth or that I'm very earth-based.
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I studied for a few months.

Im not the sort of person who must study for years before I know where my heart lies. I also believe the learning is constant and never ending and will say so when asked.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I've known my whole life that I have a Pagan heart. I was force fed Christianity while a minor, but at age 14 I was secretly studying anything I could about Paganism. When I was 18, I officially denounced Christianity. I am 34 now, and have been a practicing Pagan since age 20. Before that I was still studying.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2010