Is Lower abdominal pain during pregnancy normal?

I just turned 13wks and it seems that everytime I'm suppose to start my period, my left lower frontside of my stomach hurts. It's not a pain like I need to go to the hospital for, but it is pretty constant and bothersome. When I went to the ultra sound at 11wk the dr said that everything looked great, so I'm not sure if I should worry. And ever since I got off of birth control back in Nov., I seem to get ovarian cysts. Does anyone have experience with this that can ease my mind? Obviously if it gets worse than I'll call the dr, but a little advice would be appreciated :)

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends how sharp the pain is.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• It isn't necessarily sharp, but it does feel like it runs down my thigh a bit when it hurts. And it sometimes will hurt when I sneeze. This happened last time I was suppose to start my period around week 8 and then went away after about a week.
    mire621

Answer by mire621 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Sounds like round ligament pain! You are describing it exactly, especially if it runs down your leg. I have had it since I was 5 weeks and am 22 weeks now.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2010