NuWave Pro Infrared Oven?

Anyone have one? Is it worth the money? Does it really do what it says it can do?

Our camper didn't come with an oven, but I'd like to have an oven, so I was thinking about getting one of these, if it is worth it.

mom2aspclboy

Asked by mom2aspclboy at 10:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't have one. But we are campers. Ours has an oven, but the only thing we use it for is storage. Are these other options do-able for you? I use my crock pot sometimes, and I also cook over the fire in a variety of ways - I have a cast-iron dutch oven I hang over it (works like a crock pot), in foil packets when the fire's really died out, in foil packets on a rack over the fire, skewers (kabobs), the pizza/pie makers work for more than just those (a hamburger with sliced onions - killer on a bun!). Just throwing out other ideas ;).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Oh - I also use a cast iron skillet over the fire, and I have a couple of electric frying pans - one's a griddle for anything that doesn't have sauce (pancakes, eggs, potatoes, etc) and I have one of the ones with higher sides & a lid - I've made all kinds of things in there, even boiled water to make my kids mac & cheese a couple times!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I have one and use it constantly.. like the other poster said it is great for whole chickens, also pork country style ribs that would normally take about 3 hrs to cook in oven take about 20-25 mintues in it. I also use it to reheat pizza, sanchwiches, etc. It does not heat up the house like the toaster or regular oven do. I did the cornish games and they were delicious too. U can even use it for appetizers that r sold frozen at market - just did bacon wrapped scallops the other day. Saves alot of power and if u wanted it for a camper - its prob a good idea because of the heat.
    lgomez

Answer by lgomez at 3:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• the best part is that u can put things in there frozen and they still come out tender and juicy... really quick.. great if u r like me - i always forget to defrost things the night before.
    lgomez

Answer by lgomez at 3:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Igomez, thank you! That's just the kind of info I was looking for. I wanted a "real world" response from someone who has actually used one because those infomercials always make whatever they're selling sound wonderful, then you get it home and it is a total flop, kwim?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2010