I have boneless skinless chicken breasts that have to be cooked today, how should I cook them?

I'm not really interested in cooking them so nothing is appealing to me right now.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 10:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Bake chicken, dice, throw on tortilla chips with pepper jack cheese.....nachos. Add salsa and whatever you like.

I get in the same moods. My enthusiasm fades a few days after visiting the grocery store too. LOL
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I am paraphrasing a recipe that I used to use: use an egg wash then parmesan cheese mixed w/ bread crumbs, cook breasts in a skillet on top of stove by browning first, then turning down heat and covering the pan. When cooked through, serve on a bed of spinach. Yummy.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Throw them in a crock pot with some cream of chicken/cream of mushroom soup, some sour cream a little water and some of that Itialian dry mix ranch stuff and let it cook for about two hours. Then put together some rice at the last minute.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• chicken tortilla soup
    All you have to do is throw this in a crock pot
    1&1/2 pound bit size chicken breast, uncooked
    1 large chopped white onion
    3 teaspoons cumin
    1 package taco seasoning
    3 cans rinsed and drained northern beans
    2 cans black beans
    5- 6 stalks celery
    1- can diced tomatoes
    2 or 3 clove garlic
    put it in the crock pot on low for about 5 hours, serve with sourcream, tortilla chips and cheddar cheese..yummy and no hassle
    now that i wrote it down, I think I am going to make some too! LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• boil them, shred them and then freeze them or make fresh chicken salad.
    bake them with bbq sauce and have them with dinner
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I was going to say what jamesmommy said, lol
    if you have chicken broth throw the chicken in with the broth and ad parsley, some cut up potatoes,carrots,onions and simmer in a crockpot all day ( at least 4 hours) and add noodles and hour before you want to eat and you have homemade soup
    you can also brown it in a pain tear it into pieces then add to soft shell tortillas with shredded cheese, roll up and heat in microwave for a minute.
    throw them on the grill, season to taste and make grilled chicken sandwiches
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Put them in a baking dish and cover with an entire bottle of italian dressing for itanian chicken. Just pour and bake can't more simpler than that.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• If you're not in the mood to cook them today, stick them in the freezer for another time when you DO want to cook them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• If you aren't interested in having chicken today cook them on the stovetop in a little bit of broth and taco seasonings, shred them after they are cooked and freeze the chicken for chicken fajitas at a later time.
    Anonymous

• Cut them up into chunks, marinate them in teriyaki, wrap the pieces in bacon and skewer them with some pinapple and mushrooms and grill...yum!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2010