Is it a choice to disrespect those that aren't "Christian"?

I'm curious, since many christians are stuck on people and their "choices", is it a choice for you to judge others and their beliefs? or does your God dictate these words about others beliefs? If your god dictates it, don't you see something wrong with that?
We all have the freedom to believe as our hearts lead us too....and that means, your God doesn't speak to all of us. And you are not right or wrong, and we are not right or wrong.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• sounds like maybe your stuck on judging others. you are stereotyping christians to be judgemental. so why not ignore ignorant people instead of judging them on here?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• will these questions ever end!
    My God does not condone judging...unless you are in harms way (like judging a situation that may put you in danger etc).

It's a CHOICE to disrespect ANYONE for whatever reason!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I'm christian and I do not judge "non-Christians". Judging is something to be left to God. I don't appreciate the stereotyping, it's offensive.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 10:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• In many cases the "choice" to not believe comes from examples of other people. The way that the word is twisted. It is used to condemn others. It's a look at me I'm a Good little Christian who does what my leaders say the word of God is. Instead of having compassion for our fellow man who has been abused by those in power. Or Compassion for those who have never really been taught about the Grace and mercy of God. It's the Fire and Brimstone Christians that do the most damage in turning others away. Even in this country there are many who have not been taught this truth. So they turn away from what they perceive the truth to be from others. Yes through Christ we were all saved. In his death and resurrection. He had to die. To go the dead. To bring up the those who had found favor with God. Then throw open the gates of heaven. So all can be with the Father. That is what he meant by only through me. He had to unlock the door.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• yes
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Note to all....I said MANY christians, NOT ALL christians. I did not stereotype, so there is no reason to get offended.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• It is absolutely a choice just as it is a choice for many atheist to call Christians sheep, mentally ill or delusional, brainwashed or any other cruel name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I believe in God but I do not judge some people have an agry vengeful view of God. I just want to live
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Disrespect is always a choice, and a bad one at that, no matter your religious affiliation, although those who follow the God of love, and the prince of peace - those who, by calling themselves Christians, take on the responsibility to act Christ-like (compassionate, loving, kind, humble, gracious, edifying, forgiving, etc) should find that disrespect doesn't quite conform with what we're commanded or expected to do.... It rather contradicts those things, and the whole point of the message, if you ask me....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I know your posts and I really like them but dang, girl, you are really hard on christians.

To answer, I agree totally with bandgeeks first part of her sentence, well ok pretty much all of it.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2010