Is it ok to take a 4 month old to the movies?

My 7 and 5 year old would like to go to the movies but I have a 4month old too! Can I take them all?(NB she's very calm so I'm not worried about her making noise-just worried about the sound/volume of the movie)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In my opinion, its not a good idea to take a baby to a movie. Its too loud in there. No matter what kind of movie you go see, its too loud for their sensitive ears. Just wait until the baby is old enough to enjoy the movie too. I think its selfish to do that because the poor baby is going to be uncomfortable the entire time. Leave the baby with dad or grandma definitely.

Besides that, movies are expensive now, and people do not want to be interupted with a crying baby. I have a baby and when I go to the movies, I do not like to hear a crying baby there. Its an escape from reality and hearing a baby crying is not what I paid for. I can do that at home. Please be considerate and take your older kids but leave your baby at home where he will be more comfortable and happier.
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 2:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I took my DD when she was 6 months, she slept through it. :)
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 10:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• really depends on how well she tolarates loud sounds. My 7 mth old hates loud noise lol!
    Jaydensmommy829

Answer by Jaydensmommy829 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I took my son for the first time at 4 months. He was so mesmerised by the screen...he "watched" the whole freakin' movie...weird kid to this day. LOL It was Wishmaster. His "first" horror movie. Hahahahaha....
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• NO

She may be "calm" at home where it's quiet and familiar...but who knows how she's going to react at a loud, crowded movie theater!

Do the OTHER PATRONS a favor and leave the baby with a sitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Don't go to a crowded movie theater. Go at a time when few people will be in the theater. Have another adult with you so you can leave the room if your baby makes any noise.

I always took my breastfeeding babies. Some of us don't leave our babies with sitters or even with their fathers. Our babies are used to a variety of experiences.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:55 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• i woudnt, if tv isnt good then that screen must be awful
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I think it's ok, as long as you take her out if she starts crying.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Its your call- if your baby cries then you need to walk out immediately. Movies are expensive & thats the last place people wanna hear a crying baby!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• i am not sure it could go either way..when my son was a few months old i took him to the movies all the time and he was great. never fussed except one time and i would go during the week days in the mornings. and the one time my son got upset and it was because he was hungry and tired, i had a woman who actually had the nerve to tell me to leave. she told me that she paid good money to see that movie. and i was so hurt cause i paid good money to see that movie too. and i already felt bad for my son and i did feel bad for the other people cause i was ruining there movie, but hey if they had children they would understand. i say its completely your call. and to top it off i just took my daughter to the movies with me and my husband on friday and she did great. she did not scream or yell, she cooed and laughed, and she is 6 months old, and we still had people complain because she was cooing and laughing.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2010