All you Gardeners out there? Need advice! Grass question!

I know that you should usually plant grass seed in the fall, but we had a really hard winter and have some bare patches in our yard. Have you tried the grass seed that looks like a mat? The package promises it will grow great! If not, how do I get it started this time of year, and how do you do it? Thanks for any help!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 11:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We always spread regular grass seed in the spring to fix the winter patches! We use a special...stuff...(sorry, don't know how to describe it but it's not commercially available either) that we mix in with the seed and spread. We follow the instructionson the bag for watering, etc, we don't mow it for a while (go around the patches, lol), and we never have a problem. We usually do it a couple weeks after we plant the garden - so we'll be seeding the lawn here in a week or two. I've never heard that you're supposed to do it in the fall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2010