You hear women say "I would not put up with that" or " I wouldn't take his sh*t" How do you "not take his shi*t?"

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There's usually yelling involved.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:47 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• He he he... I ♥ you Pnukey!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• LOL
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I decided to stay single. Men aren't worth the bother.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Leave.

If my husband had pulled shit or sent up any red flags during our early relationship I'd have kicked his ass to the curb. I didn't walk into this blind sided by love. I loved him, yes, but I kept my damn eyes open to make sure he wasn't a loser douchebag. The women in my family have married too many douchebags, and I didn't want to repeat their mistakes.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• well, for me it usually means a very angry but intelligent and ultimately calm conversation about respect, understanding and expectations. I'm fortunate to have a husband where that works. But he's not off cheating, abusing substances, neglecting his kids etc. For some people, depending on what happened, it means leaving. Kinda depends on what gets the point across. If you can rationalize with the guy, then you can go that route. If the problem is really rooted in the foundation of the relationship or he refuses to be a rational and respectful person to you, you may have to leave. But just because a guy is being a sh*t doesn't mean you shouldn't carry yourself well, especially if there are kids. Be level, think your approach through and have enough faith in yourself to believe that you deserve to be treated a certain way. He can either rise to the occasion or you can pull yourself up and stand strong alone.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 11:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• well I think the problem is that the women who put up with "shyt" have been putting up with it since they were dating.... they have trained their fella to treat them poorly.

the women who say I wouldnt put up with that 'shyt" never have. They dumped the idiot men and found themselves good men.

So since one set of women have taught their men that it is ok to treat them so poorly and the other set of women have never stood for that (they have more self respect) you are talking apples and oranges and the two will never understand each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Amen to Answered at 10:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Anonymous

• I've simply ended relationships where putting up with their antics wasn't worth it. YOU have to decided what you can and cannot put up with BEFORE having children with them, not after--otherwise the problems that were ALWAYS there just become worse. Women need to remember that THEY are in control of the relationship. If you're not happy, then move on.

There's a n old saying that goes: "You kiss a lot of toads, before you find your prince!" LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• It's easy to be brave and spout all kinds of crap when you are on the net is all I can figure. The fact is most women don't have the money or support to run to a divorce lawyer for everything and then have a custody/child support battle ensue. Usually the "I wouldn't put up with that" posters are just big talkers who put up with a lot more than they want to admit.
    Anonymous