Do you think Motrin is better for teething than Tylenol?

My daughter's top teeth are cutting through and she's in a lot if pain...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My sister is a RN & said Motrin is better bc it helps with the swelling as well as the pain.
    I rotate the two with every dose.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• i use teethy tablets.. they work wonders and no mess. good luck
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I know it is...Motrin helps with inflammation which Tylenol doesn't. Motrin works better from my experience.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• i think both are very bad for little babies, and grown adults as well. did it ever occur to anyone that the swelling is actually there for a reason? when you stop the body from doing what it is supposed to do, you are begging for complications. at the very least you are putting an unnecessary burden on your baby's tiny liver.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• motrin seems to work better for my children...however if the baby is hurting 2 hours after motrin is given use the tylonel you can switch back and forth every two hours...also check walmart or pharmacy for orajel they even have some that look like cutips you break in half and can rub on babies gums...good luck
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

proud ceo mom
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/westfamily
    texasmommy1216

Answer by texasmommy1216 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Neither. Hylands teething tabs, frozen damp washcloths, frequent nursing (for comfort as well as nutrition).

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I agree that meds are bad for babies. Their livers aren't good at processing drugs. It's not worth harming the liver for what you think might be teething pain.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2010