What headphones do you recommend for a 20 month old?

We're going on vacation and I want my son to be able to watch some videos on the plane. I'm just not sure which headphones, if any, are the best to use? I already have a feeling he'll be taking them off right away, but any ideas will be appreciated!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter wouldn't let any stay on her head at all at that age.
    Anonymous

• I would get the ones that go around his head that have big ear muffs You don't want anything going in his ear.
    Anonymous

• Personally I would skip the ear phones -- all ear phones are damaging to ears & its hard to tell what is loud for him.. Maybe im old fashion (im 26yrs) but i cant stand TV's in cars.. Kids need to learn patience, how to entertain themselves without the simple aid of a TV..
    Bring books to read with him, coloring books to scribble on, a few small favorite toys, ect... If its a vacation start spending the time with you child on the plane :) sing songs, make up games appropriate for him, ...
    Anonymous

• We just used our regular ear buds, but we put a cloth headband, like soccer players wear, over their ears and put the earbud close to their ears. It kept them in place and we didn't have to buy anything special. Ear buds are pretty indestructible, unlike headphones with other parts.

On a side note... Make sure you keep the volume way down so not to damage his hearing. Most kids that age are happy to just see the images on the movie, so a very low volume will not bother them.

Have a great time on your trip!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2010