Christians, do you ever feel bad that so many Jews had to die for the "christian" belief?

Moses and Joseph slaughtered thousands of Israelites for their "God". Do you ever feel bad for those people or do you cheer Moses and Joseph on because they claimed it was "for God"?

And yeah I know, many Christians died for their beliefs in Rome when they didn't believe that Jesus was the savior, etc, but then they just turned around and did the same thing to Jews, so how is that excuseable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• How do you feel about the numbers of non-christians that died during the crusades?

Anonymous

• Well I don't think anyone should die, but it seems like the Jews have suffered the most. And it's even written in the Bible, but are there ever any Christians asking for forgiveness of what Moses and Joseph did? To me, religion is never a good reason to kill innocent people. It wasn't okay then, it wasn't okay during the holocaust.
    Anonymous

• Of course, they died and that is sad. I dont think it was as simple asyou put it. God warned people and they chose not to listen. If God talked to me, oh yeah I would certainly obey!!! lol God sent angels also in the bible and it just wasnt BOOM you die. God is a god who loves justice so who knows, they may have a chance yet. So yes i feel bad but its with understanding that they had choices but chose not to listen.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Do understand God and His ways will help you understand why people were killed. It is sad but its sadder that they disobeyed.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• They didn't disobey they just didn't believe. So are you saying that anyone that doesn't believe in God's word or warning deserve what they get?
    Anonymous

• How many hours a day do you spend thinking up questions to hate on Christianity. How does it make you feel to be consumed by hate? Sorry...I just don't understand.
    Anonymous

• I dont' feel bad nor do I feel guilty because Christians killed in the name of Christianity, I don't cry that Christians died because others were intolerable.

I didn't do it, I don't condone it and I don't find it excusable. Who said it was?
    Anonymous

• Moses and Joseph slaughtered Isrealites? Huh? They were Istrealites, I'm confused. Moses killed one man, who was Egypian and it was wrong of him. Joseph didn't kill anyone. The only Jew that I know of who died for the Christian belief is Jesus. Yes people have gone out and killed others in the name of Christianity, such as the crusades, and that was wrong. But who's to say the individuals doing the killing were true Christians. People have done a lot of wrong things in the name of "Christianity" just because they say it's for Jesus doesn't mean it is and doesn't mean Jesus is the one who told them to do it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• As far as God calling down judgement on people in the Old Testament, that was God's decision and the people weren't innocent.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Geez, millions have died bc they didn't agree with another's belief even Christian and Christian (Catholics and Protestants). It's not just about Christians and Jews
    Anonymous