How do you clean a toddler potty?

Just curious, we're going to start potty training soon. So, uh, what do you do when the kid is done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've had one child who hated the little potty, another who hated the big potty (in the early stages), so I'd advise being prepared with both a ring and a stand-alone potty chair. If you're lucky, and your child prefers the ring, it's easy.

I pour the contents into the toilet, pour in a little bit of water to rinse it out a little (dumping that into the toilet), then spray with disinfecting all-purpose cleaner and wipe it with some toilet paper and flush. It takes 15 seconds, so it's not such a hassle. The house we're in now, it helps to be able to have a potty for her on the ground floor where there is no bathroom.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• we just dump in the toilet. Then wash it out with soap and hot water. Then when I go clean the regular toilet once a week I scrub that one down with spray and paper towels.
    Nessasmomma

Answer by Nessasmomma at 12:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Yeah, like pp said dump the "potty cup" into the toilet and then rinse it out if they pee wash it soap and water it they poop. And if they get anything on the seat or surrounding areas we just use a paper towel wipe it up then get some kind of all purpose cleaner spray and wipe with another paper towel. Cleaning the Potty chair is easy it's when they have a big poopy accident in their pants, that is the tricky one to clean.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• To be honest we started with the regualr toilet,,,got a chair that sits on top, once you train them you don't need to retrain to use the big person toilet!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Ya'll make this sound much less nasty than I expected, lol!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010