would you pay $40/50 for

lunch at a VERY nice resturant?

I do. Once a month I go out to lunch with a couple ladies and we go to some of the finest resturants in the area. Places that I might not go other wise. I dont have a maid, I dont shop at nordstroms, I dont go on weekend trips to the vinyards, Im not on the tennis team, Im not wearing $100 jeans, and a $500 purse.... but I do treat myself to a VERY nice meal once a month.... what is wrong with that???

Im a bit put off that some of my friends made comment on the fact that I do this when I spend sooooo much less money than they do on a regular basis.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't worry about what the ninnies have to say. They are just trying to make themselves feel better, by making you feel bad. It is sad they are like that, but a lot of people are.
    If you have the money to spend, then you should spend it however you wish. If it is on a nice meal, great.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• thanks sleepingbeautee!
    Anonymous

• Me and hubby are big foodie's and I love treating myself to a great dinner! Nothing is better than a great restaurant with a awesome atmosphere, great food from a talented chef and a nice glass of wine to go with it. Who cares what others say, some people splurge on shoes, purses, me a great night out!!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 1:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• me personally, i wouldn't because i just don't have the money to spend that much on just one meal. BUT it thats all you are spending on your self and you have the money for it why not? You deserve to treat yourself every now and then, once a month isn't too bad.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You can get the same good lunch for only ten dollars? Why does spending obscene amounts of money mean that you get a better meal? If you ask me, you hardly even get fed on those tiny gourmet dishes. It's a waste to me.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• ask them what they think you should do instead. pfft, screw em. but that is a lot of money, i'm jealous. i think money is wasted to crap in this world, especially when all our bills are overdue, lol,
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• It isn't any of their business! Sounds like they are a bit jealous of the group, I too am a huge foodie, and relish a fine dining experience, if you can afford it good for you mamma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• GinNTonic... if you can find the same food for $10 that is GREAT... but it is a total experience. The restaurants are beautiful the service top notch... and the food is fantastic. The flavors are amazing, the presentation is amazing, and the choices are some of the best I have ever seen.

OP

Anonymous

• I think it's awesome that you treat yourself to a nice meal like that! You deserve it!
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You can get the same good lunch for only ten dollars?

No way thats like comparing Applebee's to Ruth's Chris.. Just like OP said its the Whole Experience!
    kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 1:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2010