Have you seen "Food Inc.", or "The Future of Food"?

I watched both documentaries recently, and I was left in a bit of shock. I mean, I knew of some of the issues presented, but some I never would have considered before. Food Inc. is a bit graphic in parts, just o warn you. Both will really make you take a little more time in the grocery store.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i saw food inc and it shocked me as well

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/westfamily
    texasmommy1216

Answer by texasmommy1216 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I watched Food Inc. very good! But i didnt think it was that graphic, they showed stuff but that was not the point of the movie KWIM? They had more important points to drive home than animal cruelty.
    Ive watched about 45min of "The Future of Food", very good.. I feel so bad for farmers. It makes me so angry!

This year I am tempting to start growing my own garden, just seeing if i can grow tomatoes & strawberries right now. Hopefully I will learn the ropes & maybe have a decent size garden next year!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• It's been going on for years... It surprises me how many people don't realize where their food comes from. There are feed lots/factory farms all over the US and people are consuming mass amounts of chemicals and hormones.. It's scary, but I think the US needs a huge wake up call... Good documentaries but sadly way too late for our small farmers. Hopefully it will encourage others to grow their own veggies and be careful where they buy their meat.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Good eye opening movies. I made all my family watch.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My husband and I watched "Food Inc.", and our relationship has been better for it. I know that sounds odd, but it is true. He no longer asks why I spend more on organic food, for one thing. The best change though, is that he now understands why I insist on raising our daughter on a vegetarian diet. He (a dyed-in-the-wool carnivore) even said it made him second guess eating meat; especially fast food.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 2:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You were really in shock? I am surprised at how little people know (or care) about where their food comes from.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2010