Why does it seem that so many on here (n0n- christians) feel compelled to tell Christians how horrible what we believe is?

Why do you feel compelled to make up questions that led to bashing God and the Christian way? Don't they even have a right to believe what they believe even if you think it's wrong? Most of what I read on here is we don't like Christians pushing their beliefs on me. Well we don't all do that but we get grouped non the less.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I totally agree with the OP. I am surprised someone didn't post this sooner. Why do Christians, why didn't Christians, how come Christians.... it gets annoying and repetitive and redundant. These same people who love to point out how bad Christians are don't understand as they point a finger at Christians they have 4 fingers pointing back.

By saying Christians like to judge that person judges, by saying many Christians make the choice to be disrespectful that person is showing her disrespect to every Christian, by calling anyone mentally ill that person is showing her lack of mental stability. It seems to me there are several atheist that like to do just what they accuse Christians of doing. The only difference is Christians get called out if they do it where as atheist get a free pass.
    Anonymous

• Jeeze, can everyone just shut up already? Your totally feeding into each other by posting question after question about all this.
    Anonymous

• It's no different than your anti-gay arguments.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Christians have a right to beleive what they do and I have every right to beleive what I do, and if they clash then so be it.

Answer by older at 1:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Firstly, you need to read some more posts! The majority of the posts where Christian beliefs are compared to or debated against non-Christian beliefs are posts made by and for Christians who feel it's so important for their beliefs to be everyones beliefs.

I am a non-Christian. However I see just as much truth to Christianity as i do to any other organized religion. And everyone has the right to believe what they do. That's what religious freedom is. However, I will also add that when the beliefs of others are affecting MY freedom, I have the right to stand up. And in the case of Christians, the majority of the arguments on here concerning abortion, gay marriages and many other legal issues ARE affecting the way that I and others live our lives. Because those beliefs are altering laws and social acceptance. So, I do have the right to stand up for my beliefs and counter theirs if need be...

cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I think the Christian part (believing in Jesus as the Son of God and Savior) is in agreement. It's all the man made rituals that some religions add that cause the strife....hence why there are so many religions and everyone thinks their's is right and try to convince other's their way is wrong. We're all just trying to get ourselves and our fellow man to heaven by spreading the Word (as we understand it).
    Anonymous

• Most of the people on this site are trash and stir the pot for fun because they have no lives or real friends. Just walk away.
    Anonymous

• As long as our local Christian community insists on allowing their beliefs to alter the life styles and beliefs of others, there is no chance that I, or others like me, are going to stop countering the beliefs of Christianity or anyone else.

However, it is rare that I see a post from a NON-Christian posted simply to counter the beliefs of Christians. Did you miss the question last night about how every non-Christian was wrong?? Yeah, guess what, there are WAY more questions posted here to counter the non-Christian belief systems than there are Christian...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• OP, Why does it seem like you are incapable of reading anything posted by Christians, leading to the belief that either you are the one posting all the hate or you're just a troll?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Ok Anons, or single anon agreeing with him/herself.  I suggest that once in a while you venture beyond the first page:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/404495/Jews_Muslims_Buddhists_Hindis_Pagans_who_believe_in_god_goddesses_those_who_believe_in_angels_and_fa

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2010