WWYD? father/son "relationship"-- yesterday (sat) was BD's last chance to see DS..

i gave him 3 days to call and confirm that we'd be meeting at noon. he never called. at all- the entire day! 12:45 am on sunday, he calls and bitches at me on why i didnt come over.. (cuz you never called. i needed confirmation and you never confirmed).. and then he bitched at me cuz i didnt call him (its not MY job to make sure YOU'RE still wanting to see DS this last time)... he started to bitch some more, but i hung up on him.

i already explained to DS that his dad was sick again and had to go away.. but now, i feel crappy for different reasons. mostly cuz why does his BD get a free pass b/c he's SICK, when in truth, he's just a crappy person and is facing jail time or rehab for drugs? and that he doesnt care about anyone but himself... but i will never say that to DS. but i feel like i fucked up the visit.-- since I didnt call, HE (BD-- i dont think DS cares even tho ds wanted to see him) missed out.

Shy_Dia

Asked by Shy_Dia at 1:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• so would you allow the visit to happen, even tho i told him that this was his final chance to make shit right? if he made this visit- then we'd work on him having a relationship with DS when he's away (jail/rehab-- through phone and letters)... this isnt the first time BD bailed on DS, even after tellign DS straight to his face that we were gonna go to X (the parks before.. this time, the zoo). this would be the third-- 2 times last year.
    Anonymous

• hmm- no idea why i'm anonymous. :-/ lol
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 1:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You should have called for your son's sake
    Anonymous

• I don't know...do you have a custody/visitation agreement? I have never had to deal with the situation you describe, it must be very difficult to deal with (I'm assuming) an addicted person. It seems like dad has to get himself together and be the grown up. He may never be able to do that. Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2010