wiccan/pagan sisters question about programing a pendulum...

I just got my first pendulum two days ago its quartz crystal and I have already cleansed/blessed it and now I need to Program it. how do I do it? some websites said I need to ask the pendulum what directions are going to represent yes or no and let the pendulum decide on its own which way it wants to swing. other websites are saying I have to tell it wich directions I want to represent yes or no and demand it to swing the way I want it to. if any of you have a pendulum how did you figure out which way it should swing to mean yes or no? thank you to any of my wiccan/pagan sisters who can help me with this.

flower_angel

Asked by flower_angel at 2:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never had a need to "program" a pendulum. I use one quite frequently. If it swings forward and back, it's a yes answer, if it swings left to right, it's a no. And if it swings in a circle, the answer is unknown. You can also use a "map" which is a "cross" drawn with more specific answers at the two distinct points... For example, you could write the names of two places you wanted to go, one on a line which goes forward and back and the other which follows the line going left to right. Then ask a question like "where should we vacation" and use the map to help the pendulum give you an answer.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• It's always wonderful when crazy people answer questions anon! I'm so glad they let you out of your straight jacket long enough to use the internet!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• lol sabrina, I like that one

I think she means charging it. Charge it like any tool you have. It will depend on the method you use for the rest of your tools.
    MorriganzMommy

Answer by MorriganzMommy at 2:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• yeah Sabrina i think its intersting when these people "answer" questions they know for a fact so have anything to do with them what so ever then they hide behind the little anonymous button. stupid immature cowards. if your not wiccan or pagan dont bother looking at the questions it honestly shouldnt really be that hard for any of you.

thank you Sabrina for answering my question i just wasnt sure if i show let the pendulum pick its own directions for yes or no or if i should demand or force it to swing in the directions i wanted.

Morriganzmommy its already been charged some websites were using the word program or programing when they were talking about which way you want the pendulum to swing to mean yes or no. so thats the word i used i thought most pagans/wiccans used that word for it. i didnt know which other word i should have used

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Ack! Who let the crazies out of their cages? OP, glad you got the answers you were looking for.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Pendulums don't need to be programed or charged. Crystals are often charged or programed so I think that is where the confusion is coming in to this. However you do need to determine what is yes and what is no in the pendulum movement. This is quite simple. Hold the pendulum and ask a simple question with a yes answer. Note the way it swings. Then ask a simple question with a no answer. Note the direction. If the directions hasn't been clearly established just keeping asking different simple questions until there is a consistent pattern. My favorites are on the line of pink elephants. Is there a pink elephant in my room? What this is all does is set the way you interact with the pendulum. You're programing yourself, not the pendulum.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• WITCHES!
    Anonymous

• Energize the pendulum with your personal energy by holding in both hands for a few moments. Then hold it with your elbow resting on a table or hard surface. The pendulum should be approx. an inch above the surface. Wait for it to stop moving completely. Then say out loud, "Show me yes." It should swing in a small circle clockwise or to the right. Then command it to "Stop." When it has done so say, "Show me no." It should swing in a small circle counter-clockwise or to the left. Again command "Stop". Say "Thank you." At this time, if the actions are the ones you want it to perform, the pendulum in programmed.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• WITCHES! Yeah and??? Is this supposed to be an insult?? We know what we are called. I use pendulum charts for mine. Makes it easier for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• ok i think i get what your saying isabellalecour lol i think i'll try that pink elephant in my room thing and see what happens

witchqueen the pendulum has been charged and energized yesterday i did ask it to show me yes and show me no like you said and i think i know which swing means yes and no. i have also asked it to show me what maybe, do not wish to answer, rephrase question and not applicable is. it doesnt always want to stop immediately when i ask it to though so i think i still need to work on that.

anon 9:13 where did you get your pendulum charts at?

and anon 9:46 calling me and all my other wiccan/pagan sisters witches is not an insult we are proud to be what we are.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 11:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2010