brown spotting during early pregnancy? really nervous!

so im new on this site and this is my first post/question. im 5 weeks along as of today and i starting last night , ive had a little bit of bown spotting. i've taken 4 tests and they've all come up positive, ive had some cramping, but its not too bad...thats about the only thing. last night, i had a little bit of brown spotting, just once when i went to the bathroom and that was all. this afternoon i noticed a tiny bit more and it was still brown. i still have a little bit of cramping though. any advice or help would be appreciated. i do have a doctors appointment on tuesday, but im just so nervous! i tried to 10 months and i just want everything to be ok and have a happy and healthy baby. anyone with similar stories?

LittleLissa

Asked by LittleLissa at 2:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The spotting is probably old blood I had this with both my girls when I found out I was pregnant it is normal implanation. The cramping I think is normal to as long as it isn't to bad I had with both of mine cramps it felt like cramps like you get when you are going to start your period. Not sure what you can do about it, but just letting you know that this happened to me with 2 pregnancies and my girls are healthy girls no problems
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• you might have an polyp on the outside of your uterus wall. Its nothing serious, just a pain. I had one and it did the same thing to me. scared the crap out of me. Becuase i had the brown blood and the cramping. they removed mine becuase it started bleeding red blood and i was thinking a miscarriage, but it wasnt. Baby is hleathy as can be and i am 15 weeks (almost, tues i will be 15 weeks exatly)
    Aprillee82

Answer by Aprillee82 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I had some brown spotting with my first pregnancy. Everything turned out to be fine. I had VERY LITTLE spotting with my second pregnancy and had an early miscarriage before 5 weeks. I am currently pregnant again and I've had nothing so far. I think it's just agony waiting!!!! I'm sure everything will be fine. Cramping is normal, and brown blood is common. I pray everything is perfect for you and your little one!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Sounds like implantation. I had it with all 3 of my kids and they all turned out fine. I would have light brown bleeding for days, it made me nervous everytime. If you are concerned you can call your OBGYN or midwife, whoever you plan on using. It sounds like implantation to me though. It is perfectly normal. Congratulations!!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2010