In your opinion, do organic foods taste better?

Personally, I really think that they do. My husband just had his first organic baked potato, and he agrees!

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 2:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've not tasted a difference but I feel better eating organic knowing it is healthier than the alternative

Answer by admckenzie at 2:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Well, someone gave us a bottle of organic ranch dressing and it was disgusting.
    Anonymous

• No. They taste terrible and they're not any better for you.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

Nothing like a good, juicy generalization. Anything grown in my garden without pesticides is better for you than anything that was ever sprayed down with weed killer and bug spray. As for taste, that's subjective, but I find it hard to believe you've tasted every type of organic food on the planet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I usually eat Organic Chicken Breast from Walmart and it is SO GOOD. Once I got regular chicken breast because they were out of Organic and it was really gross. I could definitely taste the difference (and im really not a healthy food type of person, I just like the taste of that chicken compared to regular)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Depends. I think locally grown food, whether organic or not, tastes better when comparing apples to apples. I think that a frozen, non-organic pea that was frozen at it's peak tastes better than fresh, organic peas that were harvested a week or more ago and shipped across country in a non-refrigerated semi.

I think that any grower who focuses on shelf-life and uniform appearance is going to have less good tasting food than growers who focus on flavor, no matter what choices they make regarding pesticides and soil additives.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I have not noticed a difference in taste.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I eat organic and yes, there is a difference. I prefer organic yogurt over Yoplait and Dannon, I prefer Bolthouse Farms organic dressing and juices over non-organic dressing and juices. I prefer organic sugar to processed white sugar. It costs a little more to eat organic but it's worth it IMO.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• but I find it hard to believe you've tasted every type of organic food on the planet.

I've tried enough of it to know that I don't want to eat anymore of it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• BTW Was I supposed to agree with the OP and the rest of you? Sorry, but I don't find Organic food that great tasting.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2010