opk question

I've been using opks for 18 days now. I have really irregular periods and haven't actually had one since February. So I just decided to start them at the beginning of april. Well anyways when I first started using them the result line would either be really light or not there at all. Well yesterday morning and this morning the result line is the darkest I've seen it but not quite as dark as the control line. I know the result line is supposed to be the same or darker than the control if the lh surge is detected. So my question is does this mean that I am about to ovulate in the next few days maybe? Does the result line get darker until you actually ovulate? This is the first month ive used these so anything would be helpful. Thanks.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 2:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• What do the instructions with the packaging say? I believe that if you see any type of surge line, is that UR ovulating at that time. But I could be wrong.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 4:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• 1st, is your cervical fluid eggwhite and does it stretch super long? cuz then you gotta have sex since you are at your peak to conceive.
    2nd, if the 2nd line is as dark or darker, you're ovulating.
    3rd, you can ovulate in the next 2-3 days so keep taking the OPK until it's neg.
    4th, don't overdo it on the sex (like doing it everyday). it takes 72 hrs for semen to build itself back up (try tonite then in 2days)
    5th, on the first day the OPK is neg, still have sex that day (unless you did it the day b4).
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2010