I just recently had 3 tests taken at the doctor (no home pregancy tests) and they were all really weak positive? What exactly does that mean?

I went to the doctor for a birth control shot and i am 17 and sexually active so I wanted to make sure I wasnt pregnant before I got the shot and it turns out I got 2 weak positives. I never gotten any kind of positives on any other test I had taken since I was 15 So I automatically assume I am. I went in the next day and got two more tests done. ( all where blood tests not urine) And they both came up as weak positives also. So Does that mean I am pregnant?

Britterbug69

Asked by Britterbug69 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yup, a positive is a positive. Did the Dr say anything? He should've said you are pregnant and checked you levels. If you want to be 100% sure, make an appointment with an OBGYN and have him/she take a blood test or urine test. Just explain the 2 tests showed weak positives.
    Anonymous

• yep it definitely means your pregnant just not that far along. good luck
    Anonymous

• The doc should have gone over these results with you! Generally speaking it is next to impossible to have a false positive sine the hormones they check for only show up during pregnancy. YOu need to call your doctor and figure this out.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• We aren't your doctor who took the tests, he/she should have told you if you are or not. Go ask them. Why didn't you ask or they tell you while you were there??? Sounds fishy! Did you actually go to the doctor or did you take some tests at home and need CafeMom's to tell you if you are or not??? No one on CafeMom thru the internet tell you if you are or aren't....Go to the Doctor!!!!!
    Anonymous

• blood test wouldn't be same day. If you are worried about your OWN test being fait...If it was read during the correct time frame then you are. Read the box. It goes over all of this with you.
    Anonymous

• she said they were BLOOD TESTS, and yes they are same day...it takes 1 hour to get a basic hcg test. I have had them done 3 different times. What they mean by you having a weak positive means 1 of 2 things...either you're pregnant but very early on, or you could be miscarrying. You never know until you get a quantitive beta done. Talk to your doctor. Only they can tell you for sure and give you the other blood test, so get to it! lol Good luck!!
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Y are you on cafemom if u dont have kids?? I mean at the age of 17, y are u trying?? just saying....
    Anonymous

• Did you read the post at all????????? She says she hasn't had a + test since she was 15 which I think is implying she has a child already. Also, if you did read, you'd also notice the part where she says she was going to get on BIRTH CONTROL, therefore, she isn't trying. Read things through people...seriously!
    Anonymous

• oh yeah-forgot to mention that it's most likely just early in your pregnancy. I would get in to see an OB asap.
    Anonymous

• Go look at her page, she doesnt have any kids (on her page) but she says she IS pregnant AND already has a name picked, so my guess is she just wants attention. This ? cant be a real one....
    Anonymous