At what age?

Do girls start shaving their legs?

0MyNameIsMom0

Asked by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I started in 6th (11-12 years old) grade but started growing leg hair in fourth grade. My mother did not have any of the little girl to young lady talk with me. I honestly thought I was turning into a monkey.
    Anonymous

• very personal preference. I was in 4 grade. My mom was in sixth. My BFF won't let her daughter until 6th where as I say 4th or 5th... It kinda up to you and what your daughter wants. If she is responsible then I would let her when she ask (within reason) with supervision.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Crap...my mom made me wait until 10th...yeah, she is weird.

I would let mine do it as soon as they asked and mentioned their friends did it. It isn't that big of a deal and it is more embarassing to not have it done. Not sure what the norm is these days, but, DO NOT make her wait too long. Terrible....
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• thanks for the replies...I have a while to wait for this my daughter is only 5 lol i just wanted to ask while i was thinking about it...
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I was 12.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I meant 10th grade. Not 10 years old...LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I was about 10 or 11. I was just wait and see when she starts mentioning it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I want to say i was about 10 but their is a big difference from when i was 10 and the kids that are10 these days...Their 10 was my 13 lol
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I started in 3rd grade. If she has fine light hair, there is no reason she couldn't wait til later in life. However, for girls like me, with thick, dark long leg hair... the earlier the better...

My aunt was in 2nd grade, again, dark hair...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2010