WHY? Does all children's shampoo mell like some sort of fruit!?

My son is to young still for adult shampoo at 5 and a half but he is to old (in my book) to be going around smelling like a fruit salad. I mean what self respecting guy uses strawberry scented shampoo? lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I use the Suave Free and Gentle for that very reason. I hate my son smelling like a fruit basket.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My husband does that! he loves the really fruity shampoo. His hair always smells like fruit. My son and I like to use any type that doesn't smell fruity.
    Anonymous

• OP:: I'll have to look of rthe suave one
    Really!? lol. My DH wouldn't be caught dead smelling like coconut/mango. :0)
    Anonymous

• My son is 14 and has "man" shampoo and Grape Suave...he likes it. He has always gotten to pick what smell he wanted. He doesn't care if he smells like fruit. At five, he used Bath and Body Works body wash as shampoo or some Suave kids fruit shampoo. Why don't you ask your son what he wants. Maybe he likes the fruit smell. It isn't really about what you want, it's his hair and his body smelling. He also might prefer not, but, either way I would ask him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My girls use adult shampoo simply because their hair tends to tangle terribly like mine does. The kid's shampoo/conditioner just doesn't cut it for them anymore. They use Suave 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner. It smells nice, not too girly. Sometimes, they do pick a fruity smelling one if they are with me when I'm shopping.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Why don't you just use Baby shampoo, which has a nice smell and is perfectly fine to use on a 5 year old?
    Anonymous

• OP:: He refuses to use 'baby' shampoo since it says 'baby' on it lol. He will also only use shampoo that say tear free on the bottle so adult stuff is out. He is very big on 'rules' so no baby and it must say tear free. On the front not the back. lol. He's funny about stuff sometimes!
    Anonymous

• Peel the label off and write "Big Boy Shampoo" on it. lol
    Anonymous

• I looooooooove coconut shampoo and conditioner!
    I hate other fruity smells though. Dh uses those and tries to get me to do it. They also dont seem to work very well on my hair so I have to use Head & Shoulders.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 4:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• OP:: lol! I'm not sure a marker on the bottle would fool him any! Thanks for all the ideas and input!
    Anonymous