How do you get rid of knits from your childs hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Health

• go to the pharmacy and get lice meds
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 4:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• BABYOIL!!!!.... i swear to u if u soak their head in baby oil and put it n a shower cap for a few hours... they CANT STICK TO IT....so after a few hours comb it with a fine tooth comb.. and wash hair with dawn... yes dawn dish soap.. it cuts greese and its safest!... my parents used that on me and the local day care sugests it as well... gl
    muthrof_2

Answer by muthrof_2 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• baby oil sounds good..but after using the lice treatment you can cover your hair in mayonaise or thick conditioner and then cover it with a shower cap or bag and sleep in it over night...in the morning you have to go through your hair in layers picking the nits out
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• muthof 2,,,,,,thank you I'll try that , hisblueeyes,,,,I've alread tried rid and nix
    Anonymous

• I tell parents to comb the hair every day for 30 days with that fine tooth comb that comes with the meds kit. I hope to get the policy changed at our daycare one of these days, it's close to impossible to get all of those nits out in one day/ after one application of med.
    Anonymous

• I heard the same thing about Olive Oil...
    There's also something called LiceFreee (yes, 3 e's)...its a gel (smells like black jelly beans, imo) you put it on their hair, it comes with a plastic cap, leave that on for an hour..rinse and comb out. Its suppose to be chemical and toxic free and can be used over and over, unlike waiting 7-10 days like you have to with RID or Nix. (oh and it comes with one of the little metal combs too...(the gel, the cap and comb all in one box)
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 6:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You can also soak in vinegar. The vinegar eats the glue. Then when the hair is dry, the nits comb right out.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2010