Need some ideas.....

My son has started eating solid foods but I've run out of ideas on what to feed him. I'm not a big meat eater but my son loves it. How can I prepare small portions of chicken or pork for him without having to cook an entire meal? Need some ideas please.

MomMom23

Asked by MomMom23 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have him eat what you eat.
    You can also preprae the meat and then freeze child size portions that can be reheated later.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You can buy a package of chicken breasts, cut each one in half, then freeze each half in a ziplock freezer bag. When you want to cook it, put the frozen chicken in a pan with a little water or broth and a little salt and then gently poach it 'til it's cooked through, flipping once after about 15 minutes. Do it on a medium-low setting and cook to an internal temperature of 170°.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I'm the same way and I buy canned chicken breast. IT's easy for them to eat too. My son loves canned tuna aswell. My son also loves lunchmeat. I try to buy stuff without many preservatives. he loves Roastbeef and turkey.
    Anonymous

• anon :25 here. We also love boco brand stuff like "chicken nuggets" and "chicken patties".
    Anonymous