our surragate won't drink water. Please advice! and she does not like milk

sandfery

Asked by sandfery at 4:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm pregnant, and water gives me severe nausea, and I'm lactose intolerant, and my doctor told me to drink juices that are 100% juice and have no added sugar(Apple & Eve makes some really good juice boxes that are perfect) or to drink Gatorade/Powerade. He says that as long as you're getting in sufficient liquids, everything will be fine. If she doesn't want to that either, then I don't know what to tell you! Tell her to grow up! Also-If she doesn't like milk, try getting her to try this Almond milk from blue diamond...it's a boxed container in the drink section of the supermarket and the vanilla one is really good...
    Anonymous

• what a jerk, lol.

watered down juice mixed with 7up and strawberries?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Oj with calcium and vitamins! Thats what I give my 8 year old who does not drink milk!
    kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 4:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Well umm I didnt drink much water but I love milk...but as long as shes not drinking alcohol and pop the baby will be fine
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• does she eat other dairy? as for water- she probably gets enough-it just isn't PLAIN water!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I hate milk and didn't drink any during any of my pregnancies - I actually never drink milk, I rarely even have cereal, and I had three very healthy baby boys. There are other ways to get calcium - other dairy products, calcium fortified juices and other foods. As for the water, fluids other than water do count towards fluid intake. What does the ob have to say? If s/he's not worried, then you need to calm down. I know she's carrying your baby, but it is still her body. Plus has she had other children and are they healthy?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I cant eat or drink dariy at all this pregnancy and water makes me sick. Maybe she just can't handle it. I know she is a surragate but she is still a PREGNANT woman whose body is going thru MANY different changes. If she is health yso will the baby be.
    Anonymous