What is it like when your water breaks?

I am at 34 weeks in my 2nd pregnancy, but the first time around my water broke in the hospital and it was just one large gush. Today i noticed a steady stream of liquid but only when laying down...when i stand it stops! did my water break?

amybarnhart08

Asked by amybarnhart08 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be leaking, in that case you should call and let your doc know. They can test the liquid to see if it is infact amniotic fluid. For me, each time it broke it was a huge gush, no mistaking that!!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• yes, go in! my water broke and i didnt go in for two days because i wasn't sure. you're either leakin or peein, if it doesn't smell like pee then its amniotic fluid
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• its possible. usually when it is slow like that and you stand up the pressure of the baby will block the fluid from leaking out. you might want to call your doctor and ask.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• IDK, My first I didn't even know my water broke,. They told me it wasnt there at the hospital . My 2nd they broke it for me.
    Anonymous

• especially that early, i hope you're already leaving
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2010