Ugh... chest pains!

So I went in to the ER, they gave me an EKG, and the tech even showed me where he could see my heart skipping and trying to recover. Why would the Dr. send me home with 2 potassium tablets and tell me to check in with my dr in a few days? What about this chest pain that's kept me up for 4 days in a row!?

Oh, and roughly 8wks pregnant. This happened with my first pregnancy, and it was due to a UTI, I was shoved into preterm labor, and this time, dr not only DIDN'T run a pregnancy test, but didn't even ask for a U/A! What kinda joke is this?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 4:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My heart skips sometimes too and races too. Found out I have high blood pressure. I also had chest pains and they came from Acid Reflux Disease. So now I'm on a blood pressure pill and Nexium for the Acid Reflux. They work too. You might wanna have your BP checked. I'm 25 years old so it can occur at any age.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 4:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• BP was 104/58. relatively low... but normal for me.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Did the ER doc not run a pregnancy test because you told them you are pregnant? Otherwise, that is terrible!

But they must have decided that your Potassium is low, and that can cause arrythmia, so that is probably why they just sent you home with the med.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• that's exactly why! i told him I did take an at-home test, and he shrugged and said ok.

the nurse told me the regular potassium level was 3.5, and that I had 3.3, which is the only reason he needed to get me SOMETHING. So I didn't come in for NOTHING...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2010