Christ "like" actions?

I think we all can agree that being Christ "like" implies someone who is moral, caring, tolerant, loving, peaceful, forgiving, respectful, etc.
If this is so, do you feel that people without your idea of Christ in their life cannot have these attributes?
Are these characteristics solely of those who worship this Christ? Or is it that having your Christ in your life makes it easier for you to follow these humanistic ideals-therefore you don't understand how "others" could have these ideals without him?
(I promise this is an honest question, NOT a BASHING question!!)

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christ "like" implies someone who is moral, caring, tolerant, loving, peaceful, forgiving, respectful, etc.

I beleive you can have all those atributes without beleiving in Christ, and I am a great beleiver of him.

Answer by older at 5:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Firstly I need to say I don't see those as "Christlike" attributes... However, any one, can have those qualities, and it's not always a good thing. Beliefs in general do not make one a good or bad person. "Morals," attitude, tolerance level, and a whole other list of attributes have less to do with religious beliefs and more to do with nature and nurture...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You can act "Christ-like" whether you believe in Him or not.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you Sabrina. I see them as just being human....having our humanity put into words. But I think a lot of people can only relate to it if I put it into "christ like" terms.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Are these characteristics solely of those who worship this Christ?   Most of the people I know who lack these qualities are Christian.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• "Most of the people I know who lack these qualities are Christian."

I have to agree with this...and that is not a slam...it is what I have experienced, unfortunately.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Yes you can act Christ like without believing in him. Its what would should strive for as human beings because its about having love and compassion for everyone.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• No no matter what you beleive you can be Christ like.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Jesus was tolerant???

I remember Him saying He came not for peace but division, even if it meant division of our families, to shake the dust from our feet of those people and places who would not listen, called skeptics a "brood of vipers" and "hypocrites", and even overturned the tables of money-changers and drove them out of the temple.

When, exactly, was Jesus tolerant?
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• LOL, flatlander...nice cherry picking, way to take bits and pieces out of context.
    Anonymous