I was at Walmart with my Husband on Friday afternoon and I saw a almost due pregnant woman light up and smoke a cigarette????

What the hell is wrong with people??? I wanted to walk up to her and smack her. I know it's none of my business but it just shocked me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Come on now... If you are allowed to poison your children with your selfish habit, we are allowed to speak our opinions on it. Nobody here said they ran up and snatched the cigarettes away from smoking pregnant women. No one said that pregnant smoking women should be hung from the highest tree. No one said that pregnant smokers should be stoned.
    All anyone said was it is a shame that they don't quit.
    Pull your panties out of your bum and move on...you don't like our opinions... we don't like your choice to put your kid's health at risk. Only one of those endangers children's health

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I have seen that too and I feel the same way you do. It never ceases to amaze me that people put thier own selfish desires above their childrens health.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• ok
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Happens all the time
    EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 5:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• it's stupid to smoke period, but especialy when you are pregnant. i just dont get people. my husband says it's because i'v never been a smoker, but there is a very good reason for that!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Maybe she wasn't pregnant, just fat...LOL
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 5:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Yeah, it makes me wonder what kind of parent someone who puts their own desires above their child's health will be. And I know it's hard to quit, but if being pregnant and responsible for your child's health isn't enough to make you quit - what is?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• People like that make me so mad. I think it is selfish. I see it all the time. One day I saw a woman in a wheel chair, with a carseat and a brandnew baby in the car seat, she was smoking. I was disgusted.
    Anonymous

• It always shocks me about how dumb pregnant women can be. Ridding 4wheelers, going to huge concerts (what if there is a fire? how would you get out and what if there was a stamped of people?" and smoking/drinking...
    Here where I live there was road construction that lasted for almost a whole year. It's through a busy part of town with alot of neighborhoods. The Local News station interviewed a nearly due pregnant woman who was concerned about the damage that all the machinery and the fumes from the asphault and the damage her "unborn angel" was suffering from. They put the interview on the 6 o'clock news and with the preview to the story they showed her in cut-offs and a wifebeater shirt smoking a cigarette! she soon moved away b/c off all the hate mail she got. just a word of wisdom. if you are pregnant and get interviewed by the evening news.... just wait until they are gone to light up! or go inside of your home! LOL
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 5:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I once saw this woman who was buying a huge bag of dog food, baby food, and a carton of cigarettes. Apparently she was with her mom, too. THey were arguing, and I couldn't help but overhear. The one buying everything needed some money to buy the baby food, and her mom didn't want to give it to her because she was spending the money that she needed on cigarettes. The woman decided to put the dog food away and just bought the cigarettes and baby food.
    I couldn't believe it. I just wanted to smack her. If she had just not bought the cigarettes, she could've fed her dog AND her baby.
    Wolfgang87

Answer by Wolfgang87 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2010