Bleeding during first trimester

I am 5 and 1/2 weeks along but during my 4th week I got my monthly like normal they checked my hcg levels and they were at 200 went back and they were still going up but slow they were 300. i have had no pain but the bleeding comes and goes its lighter then my regular monthly but i still had clots. (sorry if TMI) went to the er and doctor gave me the same its either early bleeding, m/c, or ectopic..... im worried about my baby and this is my first. any advice? everyone else says or its normal but i still seem to worry and i have to make it till friday for my OB appointment so any adv or knowledge is greatly appreciate. :)

Luna_mommy

Asked by Luna_mommy at 5:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are bleeding heavier than anormal period and have clots then yes you may have miscarried. I am sorry. You should call your dr and tell them about this they can see you sooner. Mine did.
    Anonymous

• i am 3 months pregnant and have had bleeding and clots, my DR said that i have an SCH and it should not effect my baby in any way
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 5:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Thank you Joyce it helps to know others are going through the same....and im hoping they tell me the same my OB didnt seem worried at all. but guess we will find out on friday more blood work and the first ultrasound. thank you again. :)
    Luna_mommy

Answer by Luna_mommy at 5:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I had bleeding at the beginning of this pregnancy.. I was 5wks when it started and having had 2 previous m/c I freaked out!! My dr scheduled me for an u/s at 6wks where I was told that I had a subchorionic hemorrhage (its where there is blood between the placenta and uterus) at that time there were 2 spots where there was blood, My dr told me that I had a 50/50 shot with the pregnancy to continue. at 8wks I had another u/s and there were 3 spots! outlook not looking so good! 9wks had another u/s- spots still there but they werent getting any bigger and with the pregnancy progressing and my hormone levels going up (slowly!!!) we just kept fingers crossed it would all be ok.. I was a nervous wreck since the pregnancy before I lost at just under 15wks, 19wks another u/s spots were gone!!! yay!!
    I had no clotting so I dont know if that means anything different, but bleeding doesnt mean the end of the pregnancy.. Good luck!
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 11:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2010