He wants a wedding and can't even afford to pay his car payment.

We are planning on getting married this summer. We were not going to do anything big, because we are struggling with money. He came home last night saying that he hired some musical group to play in our wedding. He already knows who the guests are going to be, and we don't even have a set date or money to do all that. He is driving me crazy.

sorry this is not really a question, but I need to get this out of my chest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• men are dumb, mine does this shit too. make it known.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• plan it before he gets to it lol
    Music: CD with your favorite loves songs or whatever songs you want on it that you make yourself
    Food: you don't even have to have food...you could have a dessert bar with your traditional cake and still cut the cake and have punch.
    Place: someone's backyard or in a park...somewhere you can get for free!
    Good luck and congrats!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 5:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Please, please, please have couples counseling before you marry.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I agree with rkoloms... Marriage and finacial counceing are in order.

My sister and her now husband were in the same boat. He wanted a big wedding and couldn't afford to pay his bills. He bullied her into a lavish wedding and now 7 months later they are still paying for it and her credit is completely shot. They live in her tiny condo and she wants to have a baby, but they can not get approved for a house.

We all urged them to get some financial counseling before marriage and they both refused. PLEASE, please get some...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You are going to get married when your finances are that bad? It won't get better after the wedding.
    Anonymous

• We have been living together for almost 4 years. I do agree with getting some financial counseling, because we both work, but he does not manage his money properly. I rather pay off some debts we still have than having a big wedding.

Thank you for your replies ladies.
    Anonymous