Do anybody know anything about the University of Phoenix??

I receive financial aid from them I just started the end of march. Does anyone know how often I am supposed to receive a finanacial aid check or will I only receive one a year??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in

• You should get one at the start of each term (semester, quarter, trimester). You have to fill out the financial aid application once a year, but should get one for each term you are enrolled.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 5:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I have heard nothing but bad things about them. Be very careful.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I know my company would NEVER hire anyone with a degree from that "university". Go to a research university if possible.
    Anonymous

Next question in
Online courses

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
What type of Stroller should we get??