Spinoff--- crazy MIL with names...

My MIL Cyndi, and FIL Rick were married and had 2 boys, DH and his older brother. Cyndi divorced Rick before DH was born, and remarried with James when 8mos pregnant with DH. Rick remarried 3 years later, and in 2000, committed suicide because he caught his new wife with several other men and couldn't forgive himself.

So Cyndi and James (her 2nd husband) are divorcing, and she asked me, "What would the boys think if I changed my name back to their dad's name? Should I ask?" (DUH?!)

I mean, c'mon. You didn't want to be part of the family, why the hell do you want the name? Duh? And why the hell are you asking me?!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 6:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• why doesnt she just ask them. how are you supose to know?
    Anonymous

• No joke, but wouldn't you be pissed if your dad committed suicide because your mom and stepmom had cheated and your mom wanted to take his name back? Ugh. it makes me sick!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Maybe she's sorry and misses him or just likes saying things to piss you off.
    Anonymous

• Tell her to take her maiden name back and leave her ex's name alone.
    Anonymous