Picky eatter...tips?

my son will only eat toast, french fries and chicken nuggets. No veggies, no meat (except for the chicken nuggets)....help!! Should I just give him what I cook and if he doesn't eat it then so be it? (the "well you'll eat when your hungery" method)

NatesMommy118

Asked by NatesMommy118 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my oldest never ate anything but chickent nuggets and mac and cheese for me for the longest time. I started out but added a dessert to the menue. pudding was the easiest and she loved it but the deal was it sat on the table until she ate everything on her plate. I started out with very small portions of things i knew she hated then slowly increased the portions. she would want the jello, pudding, fun cupcakes or whatever so bad she would choke them down. It was much easier then saying no dessert tonight when that reward was sitting right in front of her.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My kids eat what we're having for supper, or they wait until the next meal - and that was the rule since they started eating table foods around 8 months. I don't cook separate meals for my toddler, and his snacks are almost always fresh fruit.

Answer by missanc at 6:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I would stop buying those foods. You are creating a monster. Humans need water, fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2010