Where was your best vacation and what did you do?

I want to plan my first vacation (ever!) for next year but have no idea where to go. What do you suggest?

NatesMommy118

Asked by NatesMommy118 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Travel

• It is hard to choose, for I have loved them all. My favorite family trip was to Disneyland in California. Our honeymoon cruise was fabulous as well, and my 21st birthday in Vegas was great. They were all taken at different points in my life, so all had their own special feel.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I loved the island of Kauai- its like the classic hawaii with lots of unspoiled land, fewer people and just so relaxed. We stayed in a condo, rented a car and really had a blast- it was so cheap, too. You don't even have to do all the activities to love it. Gorgeous! I also love cruises b/c everything is taken care of for you. It kinda depends on what kind of places you're into, though. I wish I could do a vacation right now. We took one right before I got pregnant but then I had all these complications so I don't feel like it really happened.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• We just got back from a cruise 3 weeks ago and we loved it. We really didnt do anything and it was great.. We are planning our next one now. The most you have to do is drive to the boat and back home if you don't fly like my DH.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I have two favorites: the first one I was a single girl and went on a Caribbean cruise with a friend. We went to Cozumel, Mexico and Ocho Rios Jamaica. Another stop was diverted because of a hurricane. I love cruises and have been on 8 or 9 of them. Everything is included! I went on one for my honeymoon and have been on two with my son.

I also loved DisneyWorld as a single mom when my son was 7. Seeing his face at all the characters, the rides, it was perfect. I want to go back to DW but ds isn't into it anymore, he's 19, lol... I want to do Epcot and Animal Kingdom!!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• We went to Gatlinburg, TN. We went to all of the Ripley's exhibits, the aquarium and on a "ghost hunt". It was so much fun.
    Anonymous

• There have been a few. There was the 2nd honeymoon in Tahiti (the island of Moorea.) It was tropical perfection.

The family trip to Franklyn D. Resort in Jamaica was fun and it included a vacation nanny to help with the kids and allow DH and I some adult time.

Disneyland last year was fun but exhasuting. We stayed in a neighborhood hotel across the street from the entrance.

Our road trip to the Grand Canyon 2 years ago was also awesome. We also stayed in wigwams in Holbrook, AZ, and did 8 national parks in 10 days.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I have two. The first one was a trip to Hawaii on the island of Kauai that my husband and I took when we were dating. It was July and wasn't crowded at all, really laid back, and the scenery was gorgeous. We rented a condo, but we were hardly there, so if/when we go again we're just getting a cheap hotel that has a fridge.

The second trip was a tour of Italy. It was AWESOME and the food was fantastic. Even the pasta at the truck stops was better than the pasta here. We did a tour with a group and I was kind of afraid it would be a bunch of old people but there were people of all different ages. Some younger couples like us, some middle age people with teenage kids, and some older retired couples. The tour group was nice because they had tour guides in every city we went to and almost all our meals were included. Some dinners/lunches were not depending on the schedule.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Smuggler's Notch in Vermont, a winter ski trip. Rated one of the best family resorts in the Nation. We loved everything about it. http://www.smuggs.com/

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Even though I live in California I still love to Vacation here. You can do everything. If you come in the winter you can even go surfing in the morning and skiing in the afternoon if you'd like. There's the theme parks, the beaches, the mountains, Yosemite, San Francisco, wine tasting in Napa, death valley, and on and on. On the other hand you just cant beat the beauty of Hawaii.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My absolute favorite was the four months I spent living in Nantes, France, with weekend trips to Nice, Lyon, Brest, Normandie, and the castles of the Loire valley. --Sigh-- So much fun.

Another time I spent three weeks traveling in northwest France and ten days in Italy staying with a dear friend from school. She took me around Venice, Florence, and Verona, and treated me to homemade Italian food at her grandmother's house.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 9:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2010