Do game systems such as Wii and Playstation damage Plasma LCD tvs?

My kids want to put their Wii game system in our living room, but I have heard that they mess up Plasma tvs. Is this true? I really want to play it myself, but I do not want my tv messed up.

huffmanall4

Asked by huffmanall4 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• of course not.....those are high def systems made for high def tvs
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• my husband says yes. if they leave the game still for too long, the picture will burn into the tv.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Brittany is correct-but its not just for game systems. If you leave any picture up too long it could do that.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Yes, they can. That's why my ex doesn't use any game systems on his 52 inch plasma tv.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• our xbox has a screen saver thing that kicks in when there is no activity for awhile. I don't know about Playstations and Wiis
    Anonymous

• Our plasma tv has a setting that will ''clean'' the burn off, but it is best not to leave anything paused for too long, including games and movies.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 9:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• No, so long as you don't leave a game paused for hours on end. The plasmas now are made differently than a few years ago. Its take a lot longer and a lot more heat for the image to be burned in to the screen. Most games systems have a built in screen saver that kicks on after a set amount of time which also ensures that the burn process doesn't happen.
    .oOMellyOo.

Answer by .oOMellyOo. at 9:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• The only way I've seen Wii's mess up plasma TV's is the morons that refuse to use the wrist strap on the remote and throw it through their TVs.

If you're leaving the TV on pause for hours at a time, yeah, you can burn an image into the screen, but other than that, nah. It's the same reason you have a screen saver on your computer.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2010