my baby is 5months old and pooping about 10 times a day.

my daughter is 5m and she is pooping about 10 times a day it just started friday and is still going on ...her poop is usually yellow with white "seeds" in them or it is green and slimy. she usually has two poop which are a full diaper and the others are just a little bit of poop. shes got a awful diaper rash now...=( idk what could be causing this she is formula fed and not al ot has changed....she was getting baby food and i stopped about a week ago but started up again yesterday...mabey stopping the solids made her poop that way? any suggestions pleaseeee

douellette

Asked by douellette at 7:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think a baby's poop is the most surprising thing to new parents.
    If she doesn't have a fever, is eating normally/ normal appetite and it is not completely liquid diarrhea, you don't have to worry. She may be teething, she could just be going through a stage and could be back to "normal" whatever that is by tomorrow. Or, call the doc and talk it over tomorrow. HUGS to you.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Powdered formula is not sterile and can cause poisioning.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Try switching diapers. She may have an allergy to the diaper. I had to switch most of my kid's diapers every couple of months because of something or other. Good luck!!
    virgobaby1978

Answer by virgobaby1978 at 4:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Desitin for diaper rash and I would talk to pediatrician about possible change in formula, my baby 8 mo's and stools once maybe twice daily, seems like alot to me!!
    Becki.Nagy

Answer by Becki.Nagy at 3:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• let me guess - formula....such crap. Try switching kinds. The bad rash can indicate a reaction to something in the formula. I'm sorry for being negative about formula, but there is a reason why BF babies' poop does not smell....
    Anonymous