Here is a question for Christians and their idea of prayer and actions when in need.

Hypothetical situation: You add up your bills and they come to 15,000 you only have 1000 in the bank. You need an extra 500 bucks or you will have something major like lights, gas, water or rent not get paid.
CHRISTIANS WHO PRAY In this situation would you pray for guidance to find a way to earn the money or would you pray for the money to fall on your doorstep?

My first instinct is to pray, but in no way is it my last action. I don't prayer is a substitue for hard work. Do you pray and leave it at that? Or do you pray and help yourself? We were very busy at work last night and I began to pray as I worked. I thanked Jesus for the job and worked hard so I can keep my job.

Do you pray and work at it? What exactly would you pray for in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Got isn't like Santa who brings you what ever you put on your wish list. I would pray for guidance on what to do to make the money.

Anonymous

• I would pray then take action, always help yourself and the Lord will help along. I would pray for a solution on how to get the rest of the money, some insight on how to go about reaching my goal.

Answer by older at 7:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I pray for wisdom and guidance and patience. Then I pray for a million. :) Cuz I'm human.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 7:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I agree with you. I am sure you will be able to find a few Christians that believe they have to do nothing more than shout out the Lord's name and everything will be dropped at their feet, but every Christian I know understands we must use the gifts God gave us to survive.
    Anonymous

• If you are short on cash, 500 dollars worth, what kind of talent would you use? Do you belong to a church, is there someone there who can help, maybe loan you the money or they can put together a donation for you? You should always pray no matter if you are in trouble or not but in this case, I don't think you should ask people what you should pray about, this is not a right or wrong answer. Just get down on your knees and humble yourself before the Lord. Once you start praying the answer will come to you. Another thing, if you want help with your finances don't rely on your human knowledge, tithe to the church, and then see how your finances will turn around. A year ago, my husband lost his job, I was working part time, but you know what we tithed and we survived.
    EricandAndreMom

Answer by EricandAndreMom at 7:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Even if they manage the $500, I'm wondering where they'll come up with the remaining $13,500 for the rest of the bills
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• or you could work hard, earn the money you need and then thank yourself your working so hard!
    Anonymous

• hypothetical ladies...hypothetical.

and Kristi sorry I left out a zero thank you so much for your opinion. I see you can do math but not read
    Anonymous

• OK because there seem to be a few irked off people who don't want to admit Christians pray and work let me throw more into this hypothetical situation.

What type of talent for $500 bucks? Well I was called up as ACT proctor once so you can get a couple of those jobs or some other odd job that might give you some quick cash.

Where would I get the other 13,500, well I said you need the money or something major will not get paid off. Lets just say your mom loans you a few dollars, the car payment can be deferred, the ER bill will wait until next month and so will the doctor bills.

So can we let Christians get back to answering the hypothetical question now?
    Anonymous

oooo yea, I know many Christians that work hard, earn the money that is needed understand they are working hard AND still are able to thank Jesus.

good answer. You ARE so thinking like a Christian
    Anonymous