Does this concern you? the White House secret Gates memo warns that U.S. has no strategy for dealing with a nuclear Iran? WTF is this man doing to us?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/world/middleeast/18iran.html

Mr. Gates’s memo appears to reflect concerns in the upper echelons of the Pentagon and the military that the White House did not have a well-prepared series of alternatives in place in case all the diplomatic steps finally failed.

dandydiane

Asked by dandydiane at 7:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• An Aussie paper cited security sources who claim the U.S. has all but given up on stopping Iran from building a bomb.

Greg Sheridan is the Foreign Editor of the Australian writes, Obama Accepts a Nuclear Iran http://www.realclearworld.com/articles/2010/04/03/obama_accepts_a_nuclear_iran_98899.html

dandydiane

Answer by dandydiane at 7:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• It profoundly undermines American strategic credibility, which is the bedrock of whatever global order this troubled planet enjoys.  This is something I think people don't understand about our military.  We have been the major keeper of peace and order world wide.  I think people tend to just focus on the middle east and don't realize what it is our military really does.  But now this administration is making us look like a bunch of sissies.  And I don't think other nations think of us as a super power anymore. 

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• LOL..great Source

maybe you should just BOMB Iran like McCain wants...we can afford it, right China??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Why is the New York Times a bad source?
    dandydiane

Answer by dandydiane at 7:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• dandydiane

Answer by dandydiane at 7:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• dandydiane

Answer by dandydiane at 7:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• McCain?
    "We have not done anything that would in any way be viewed effective," McCain told "Fox News Sunday."

"I didn't need a secret memo from Mr. Gates to ascertain that. We have to be willing to pull the trigger on significant sanctions. And then we have to make plans for whatever contingencies follow if those sanctions are not effective."

dandydiane

Answer by dandydiane at 7:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I believe O is doing everything in his power to bring us down. I believe he has a deep-seated hatred for this country, and now he can put us in what he thinks is our place. Every time he goes overseas to visit, he puts this country down in his speeches. I honestly don't think he will be elected to a second term.

btw -- just now heard that Gates is disputing this claim, the NYT is mischaracterizing his memo, we DO have a plan. Not sure I believe that. Well, I don't believe there is a plan that will benefit the US.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• This is a common article found in many papers today around the glob. World leaders are becoming upset that Obama is doing nothing nor participating in any way to help... Sadly, THIS is Obama's real job. He's so busy trying to take the place of our Congress that he has no idea how to fill his role as the President. *sigh*
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

•  

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/001193040/profiles_LiberalPlaybook_4124_515214.jpeg

Guess that's what happened to sweets! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2010