When looking for a new friend, what are some of the things you look for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i dont have a list to pass to be my friend.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Friendship happens, I never go look for it, it just happens. Sometimes we connect right away and then build on that, but I really have no requirements.

Answer by older at 7:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I've never really went 'looking' for a new friend but when I meet new people,the ones that I get along well with are the ones that have a good sense of humor, down to earth,nonjudgemental and if we have something in common.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• yeah, like older said..."friendship happens"...
    but if I find out thier psycho it's over! lol
    Anonymous

• Definitely friendly, happy demeanor, open to any discussion, not jealous or competitive.
    Anonymous

• I look for common interests and life situations. For example, this one time, I had a conversation with a woman in the library while our kids played, though not necessarily together. She gave me her phone number, called her boyfriend and said she found a new friend, probably someone they could hang out with. She had given me her whole story about her children's various fathers, who lives with who and where, and left to smoke a cigarette. My head was spinning. If I want that much drama in my life, I'll watch TNT. I did not call her.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I have never actually gone "looking" for a friend, they just happen - there are some friendships I nurture more than others, and some which I have removed from my life, I like people who are open and honest but who are willing to accept that we don't have to agree on all things to be friends. I also find people who are always saying "you need to...." very frustrating.
    I like people who can have a laugh at their own situation, who are glass-half-full people, and if they enjoy a glass of wine and a cheese platter they can move in with me!!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• A nice smile and kind eyes.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• One time I met a girl who I thought would be a new friend, but later found out she was just being friendly with me for that day. She told a mutual friend of ours that I was boring and dull and would smile when she saw me next, but never form a true friendship with me.
    Anonymous

• Which is weird when you make friends online and can't see them!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2010