So im in the hospital in preterm labor!!!

Im 33wks 5days. I started having contractions last night at ten pm. I was having them egery 7-10 mins apart so they gave me two shots of something that should have stoped it but didnt work. So i got a shot in my tush cheek for stairoids for the baby, betamethozone i think? I have to get another one tomorrow. And fyi that shot hurts!
Now im hooked up to all kinds of things and getting a stronger dose of something to try and stop the contracting. Nothing seems to be working to stop them. Im pretty worried about this. They did an ultrasound and The baby looks completly fine. 5Lbs 2oz. They just cant get these contractions to let up. They are 3-5mins now and getting stronger. :'( and it doesnt help that no one can come up with a reason why i even started contracting already.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 7:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your in the hospital and online? You must be fine. There is plenty of doctors there ask one of them that question.
    Anonymous

• lots of mom post from the hospital get over it...hope everything works out
    Anonymous

• It's just one of those things that happens. That shot that hurts so much is to help your baby's lungs develop in case you end up delivering. If they have given you Magnesium Sulfate and you are still contracting they will probably just deliver you. Medical science has only come so far. Good luck.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Yeah if your contractions are that far apart and your online I'd say your not too worried about it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Many hospitals have wifi now. One hospital where I was a frequent patient even had computers in the room for patients to use. You can be in preterm labor and use a computer. You can be very ill and use a computer. I do it all the time. Patients at the chemotherapy IV center where I go every 3 weeks to get IV meds use computers all the time. I usually can't read or concentrate much because my meds for immune deficiencies take much longer than chemo and I feel worse but I can watch movies. Don't judge unless you know what you are talking about.

Doctors may only make rounds once a day. If you are asleep or gone to x-ray or somewhere when they come by, you are out of luck. There aren't doctors hanging around most hospitals waiting to answer patient's questions.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• laptop+wifi+painmeds = on the computer. Right OP?
    Anonymous

• Whats wrong with her being online? Jeeze.. everyone knows the hospital is just a bunch of waiting around anyway. Perhaps she was looking for some support. Give the girl a break.
    I went into early labor at 27 weeks.. and I was scared too, they were able to stop mine though. You're a lot better of than that early. 33 weeks isnt too bad but it still sucks. Sorry for whats happening to you. Its rough, I know. I've had those shots too with my first kid, they do hurt!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 8:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I delivered my daughter at 29w6d because my water broke completely (still no reason why). Since she needed to be delivered, they were unable to wait for the steroid shots. She is now a healthy 7.5 month old. I hope they are able to stop your labor, but please know that at your gestation you can have a healthy baby, he or she just might need to spend a few weeks in NICU and/or special care nursery before he/she is ready to go home. Best of luck!
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 10:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Ok i didnt know being online was that big of a deal... Im on my phone. Im sitting here alone and bored so i thought id as cafemom... Geez.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 10:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2010