How do you get a toddler ready for new baby?

My daughter is 17 months old and i was just wondering how others with a child so young got them prepared for a new sibling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Check with the hospital; they probably have a sibling class.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• If you have a friend who has an infant bring her with you and go visit and hold baby infront of her...and just talk with her about it a lot
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• ahh. we read story books about being a big brother like Arthurs New Baby (by Marc Brown) and Big Brother Now (by Annette Sheldon) We showed our son the ultrasound pictutres and let him hear the baby's heart beat. We told him mama has a baby in her "tummy" and let him feel it when it moved.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My daughter was 21 months when my 4th child was born. I spent a great deal of time reading to her about what the baby would be doing when it got here. She really enjoyed the pictures and since they are very visual at that age it helped a lot.

Try Bia Gets a New Baby Brother. The pictures are very bright and cheerful, it is an easy read, and has some funny parts for the parents.

Good Luck!
    ksmith10101

Answer by ksmith10101 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010