im almost 9 months pregnant. and my bf has not told anyone in his family yet. he has prolonged it the entire pregnancy. now he says after the baby is born he will just take him there and introduce him to his family. how should i feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I would feel that there was something not right going on. Why would someone not tell their family until after the baby was born? I would learn to raise your baby on your own and wonder what else he is keeping from you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I didn't tell my family until after my dd was born. Sometimes it just doesn't come up in the conversation. If they see the baby they can't give him a hard time like they would if they just heard about the pregnancy. I wouldn't let it bother me for long. If it does then tell them yourself

Answer by admckenzie at 8:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Why are you and the baby you choose to have together a dirty secret? Why is he embarassed/ashamed of the two of you?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• ?!?!? It's shouldn't be how should you feel..but how DO you feel?
    I would feel pretty bad about that. Whats the deal? Have YOU ever met any of his family? Is he hiding something? Is he embarressed of something? To me, that just doesn't seem normal. I can understand being nervous about telling the family, and even waiting a couple months, but not the entire pregnancy. But what is more important is how it makes you feel.If it didn't bother you or make you wonder, I guess you wouldn;t be asking this question. I would tell him, you WANT to tell his family NOW.Really, good luck..and I wish you and your soon to be baby all the best!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I would feel like he wasn't very manly. Its kind of a chicken shit thing to do.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• id be sad
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• have you ever met his family? i guess you two dont go over there to visit because they'd be able to tell you're pregnant by now.hmm idk,..sounds like he's ashamed? have you asked him what the deal is?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• It sounds fishy to me. I think he might be hiding something. There is nothing more exciting than expecting/having a baby.
    Does his family know that he is with you? Have you met the family? Is he engaged to somebody else?

Just go and tell them yourself. Go find out what's really going on with him,

Good luck
    Anonymous

• I would be pissed and honestly I would have called them and told them myself already but when I was dating my DH he introduced me to them about a month after we started dating so I knew them and would not have put up with them not knowing.
    Anonymous

• I am guessing it was unplanned and that his family will not be so acceptant of the pregnancy.. but its hard to say anything negitive when your holding the little one in your arms. We did not tell my dh's grandmother about our 5th... she would have nothing positive to say, so neither of us saw the point. She knew, because my MIL told her, but we really havent' spoken to her in about 1 yr. I don't know how you should feel.. have you asked him why he is so hesitant to tell his family? Maybe if he explains it to you, you'll know what to feel. It may not be that he is not excited about the baby... it may be that he just doesn't want to deal with the drama and harasment that may come from his family.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010