if you told your 15 yr old daghter she could go to a party but she got smart would you let her still go ?

my daughter got a smart mouth with me because i wouldnt let her wear a short short skirt and she said she would be my ass if i wasnt pregnat she ran to her room and locked her door okay anyway couple days ago i told her she could go but i told her no today because she got smart with me do you think i should have let her went ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• First and foremost, there is no way in hell I would allow my 15 yr old to talk to me like that. That damn door would have been off the hinges in my house and I would have knocked the hell out of her. That is totally disrespectful and should not be allowed. I wouldnt have dared to say that in my house I would have been looking for my teeth.
    Anyway, no you shouldnt allow her to go to the party. Thats not something you should even be asking. Dont be her friend, you are her mother and until she learned some respect for me the only place she would be going is to school and back to her damn room with bare walls.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• NO!!!
    Anonymous

• no way! i think you did the right thing. any time your child threatens you they deserve punishment! not to mention cussing at you. my mom would have grounded me for a month!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't. She would be grounded to her room for at least a week if not more if she kept it up and I would also take away her tv, computer, phone etc..if she has them and they are in her room..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• No, I think you did the right thing. She shouldn't talk to you like that. I don't have a 15 year old daughter but I do have a 15 year old step daughter and I've never heard her talk to her dad like that nor have I heard of her talking to her mom like that.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• if i said that to my mom she would have slapped me in the mouth! No way should you let her go. You should ground her too.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• She said what? she would "beat" your ass? You just wrote (BE)? If that is what she said,a threat- no way would she go to this party,she would be seeing a counselor "MENTAL HEALTH". that would be the end of that mouth,and the end of any kind of parties also.
    Anonymous

• Oh and I would triple double dare her to say something like that again.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• You went back on your word. That's wrong. You didn't warn her to behave or she couldn't go. She obviously doesn't have coping skills for being disappointed. Maybe you could help her with that so she doesn't do that again and have you pull the rug out from under her again. It's your job to teach her how to deal with things appropriately. Instead of doing that you are punishing her.
    Anonymous

• no she would be home cleaning the house no tv, no car ( if she has one), no phone for a week..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2010